On the 5th Day of Fitmas my coach gave to me…5 Perfect Push Ups, 4 Tricep Dips, 3 Tricep Push Ups, a 2-Minute Plank, a 1 Minute Jog and some Holiday Health Tips!
I get it, this time of year its tough to stay on track, cookies, holiday parties, and more! Here are 7 Holiday Health Tips to help you stay on track this season:
1. Get Moving: regular activity is one of the best ways to maintain or lose weight.
2. Control Temptation: Rid your house of any goodies that might get you in trouble. If they aren’t there, you can’t eat them!
3. Cheat a little but only once a day: With all of the yumminess around, it’s hard to say no. Instead of denying yourself, allow yourself to have a small treat each day. This way, you can take your time and savor the flavor. Enjoy that small treat knowing you are staying on track by allowing yourself to enjoy just a bit.
4. Eat your Fruits and Vegges: Aim for four servings of veggies and 2-3 servings of fruit per day. The fiber content in these foods will keep you fuller longer.
5. NEVER go to a party hungry! Have a small snack with protein before you go. The protein will keep you feeling fuller longer. This will allow you to choose mindfully versus grabbing up the first thing you see because you are so hungry.
6. Focus on People, not Food: Focus on connecting, making relationships, and spending time with the people at the party. Just because you are at a party, doesn’t mean you have to eat everything in sight!
7. Avoid Alcohol: Put simply, alcohol lowers our inhibitions and makes us more likely to overeat. Plus, it’s full of empty calories that quickly add up. The best bet is to walk away from the bar with nothing but a glass of water or another low-calorie beverage. The water will fill you up, so it accomplishes two things for you at once!