Calling all mamas! Raise your hand if you have a picky eater at home. Does your child’s daily menu consist of sugary breakfast cereals, chicken nuggets, french fries, mac n’ cheese, fruit snacks, gold fish crackers, pizza, hot dogs or whatever you can find that is quick and easy??? It’s okay, mine did too…I know, I know you are thinking what the heck…she is a health and nutrition coach and she fed her kids this crap too. The struggle is real mamas! I hear you. I have a super picky eater (she would live off of french fries and ketchup if I let her and my other one while he isn’t as picky has some sensory issues so textures can be a major problem.
The struggle to find something that wasn’t packed full of artificial ingredients, dyes and sugar was hard. Also finding something that is organic, non-gmo, soy free, dairy free and gluten free was a tall order…until NOW! Introducing Daily Sunshine!
What is Daily Sunshine?
Daily Sunshine is a healthy 3-in-1 smoothie for kids that’s been designed specifically for their unique dietary needs. We know how hard it is to get kids to eat right, so our goal was to not only create a healthy snack you feel good about them having but also make an easy snack that they’d actually ask for!
The Daily Sunshine smoothie comes in two flavors: smooth and creamy Chocolate and fruity and sweet Strawberry Banana. Each is made with organic fruits and vegetables,* organic pea protein, and healthy fats, and has 3 grams of fiber, probiotics from Bacillus coagulans, vitamins C & E, calcium, and vitamin D. Here is Daily Sunshine’s Strawberry Banana Nutrition Facts label and Daily Sunshine’s Chocolate Nutrition Facts label so you can check it out!
In short, Daily Sunshine has carefully been formulated to include the building blocks of nutrition kids need to help them grow up healthy and strong, and 4 out of 5 pediatricians approve its formula.
The ingredients in Daily Sunshine differ slightly depending on which flavor you choose. But both the Chocolate and Strawberry Banana flavors have a fruit and veggie blend of apple, sweet potato, flaxseed, spinach, blueberry, acerola cherry, and strawberry.
We were just as careful about what we didn’t put in Daily Sunshine as what we did put in there. That’s why Daily Sunshine is soy-free, dairy-free, gluten-free, and non-GMO, and it contains NO artificial flavors, sweeteners, or preservatives. Get Daily Sunshine here!
How do I make Daily Sunshine?
If you’re a busy parent you’ll love that Daily Sunshine smoothies are quick to prepare. Simply mix one serving with 8 fl. oz. water, shake it up, and you’ve got a healthy, gluten-free, dairy-free snack.
Will my kids like Daily Sunshine?
Sources say yes! Daily Sunshine has been rigorously taste-tested by the toughest critics… kids! We know how hard it is to help your kids eat healthy, which is why we worked hard to make Daily Sunshine a healthy smoothie that has a taste that’s kid-approved! They can enjoy it in the mornings on the way to school, as part of their lunch, as an after-school snack, or even between soccer practice and music lessons.
Daily Sunshine vs Shakeology. What’s the difference?
For everyone curious about how our newest product stacks up to our old faithful product, check out this comparison chart and accompanying info!
1. WHO ARE THESE PRODUCTS FORMULATED FOR?
– Daily Sunshine is a snack that was designed and formulated for kids 4 and older. In addition to a kid-approved taste, it provides the building blocks of nutrition that kids need every day- with a fruit and veggie blend, protein, and healthy fats. It’s also a wholesome, healthy snack for adults.
– Shakeology was created for adults who are looking for dense nutrition that helps deliver key nutrients in this stressful modern world as well as superfood ingredients that have been traditionally used to support a variety of health benefits.
2. WHAT ARE THE MAIN DIFFERENCES BETWEEN THE DAILY SUNSHINE AND SHAKEOLOGY FORMULATIONS?
– Daily Sunshine provides key nutrients in a simple, healthy formula for kids. Shakeology is formulated for adults with a complex alchemy of exotic superfoods, adaptogens, prebiotics, digestive enzymes, and other important nutrients. While they both have unique ingrediens, Daily Sunshine and Shakeology contain some overlapping essential ingredients but at different levels in order to suit the nutritional goal of the product.
3. CAN ADULTS DRINK BOTH DAILY SUNSHINE AND SHAKEOLOGY?
– YES! Daily Sunshine can be used by consumers who drink Shakeology. We recomment that adults start their day with a daily dose of dense nutrition (Shakeology) and then drink Daily Sunshine as a healthy afternoon snack. While we recommend drinking both Shakeology and Daily Sunshine once daily, you may opt to drink another serving based on your nutritional goals.
4. WHAT ARE THE MAIN INGREDIENT GROUPS IN EACH SHAKE?
– Daily Sunshine: Fruit and veggie blend, healthy fats, plant-based protein, probiotics, fiber, vitamins and minerals
– Shakeology: Globally sourced superfoods, phytonutrients, protein, probiotics, fiber, adaptogen herbs and botanicals, prebiotics, digestive enzymes, vitamins and minerals.
4. WHY ARE THE CONTAINER COUNTS DIFFERENT?
– Shakeology is an excellent source of protein as it contains between 16-17 grams of protein and between 140 to 170 calories per serving depending on the flavor. This makes it perfect for one red container. It also has a vast array of other nutrients, but given how wide-ranging and exotic they are, they don’t fit as neatly into a specific container. Daily Sunshine contains less protein (10 grams), which is considered a good source so ½ red makes sense. It also delivers the equivalent of a full serving of fruits and vegetables based on USDA guidelines. Because this is done using combination of both fruits and veggies, the most accurate representation is ½ purple and ½ green.
The verdict is in and Daily Sunshine is a WIN in our house! Check out what my own kiddos had to say when they tried Daily Sunshine for the first time!