We ALL do it. We all make excuses to justify why we do or do not do something we know we should. It’s why many of us give up on our New Year’s resolutions, why we eat that last cookie, or skip our daily workout.
What’s your excuse?
Here are the excuses I hear most from people about their health and fitness:
1. “I don’t have time.” Guess what? We ALL have the same 24 hours in a day – the Queen of England, Beyoncé, you and me. It’s crucial to dial what is most important to your daily routine—figure it out and write it down. Then, look at how you’re spending your time—it’s likely that you’re investing more time on things that are not on this list, then its time to readjust your priorities. Don’t forget to release control and delegate so you create time for just YOU!
2. “I can’t afford to eat healthy and pay for a gym.” The same philosophy that applies to buying quality “stuff” applies to your body. Cheap processed food will cost you over time, in medical bill and quality of life. One of the reasons I am madly in love with Beachbody is because of its cost effectiveness. It is much less costly than the gym, home workouts and superfoods for less than what it cost for that fancy coffee drink you just grabbed.
3. “It is too hard.” The expert in anything was once a beginner. Sure, it might be challenging at first, but it gets easier! Nothing worth having comes easy. Stepping outside of our comfort zones on a regular basis makes us better and stronger. Be willing to invest in progress and trust the process. I promise it works.
4. “I love to eat too much.” I have fabulous news—with the 21 Day Fix you CAN! You just have to change WHAT and HOW you eat. Over time, you will learn how to swap bad foods for healthy ones, so you don’t feel deprived, plus you still get to enjoy that piece of chocolate and glass of wine – there is no deprivation going on here. So, there went that excuse!
5. “I don’t know what to do or where to start.” That’s what I am here for! I work with you one on one and in our health and fitness private groups to give you the tools you need to succeed!
6. “I don’t have the willpower.” It happens to all of us, even us coaches, but when it does, revisit your list of priorities and reset. It doesn’t have to be an “all or nothing” mindset—it’s okay to set high goals to help maximize your progress, but it’s just as equally important to celebrate the small goals too!
7. “I don’t have support from friends or family.” One of my biggest takes aways over the past 18 months of my own journey is that the people you surround yourself with have an impact on your well-being. Take inventory of those in your circle, are there toxic people who need to be excused from your life? The odds are there are. Replace them with people who share your mindset and goals. Those people are your tribe!
8. “I have a medical condition or injury.” Me too, and you know what I have learned? Nutrition is by FAR the most important component of your health and fitness journey, and there are fitness options for every level. Don’t let your condition or injury become an easy excuse!
You can have results, or you can have excuses. You can’t have both!
So let’s put your excuses to bed and get a jump-start on those results. Join me for my last health and fitness challenge of 2016. Fill out your application HERE!