I use to spend hundreds of dollars on my gym membership – I would always start out with good intentions of going and working out, taking a few classes every week, take advantage of the sauna and tanning, etc…but then it would hit. Cold, winter weather!!!! Ugh!!! If getting up at 5:00 am, cleaning your car off from the ice and snow, warming your car up, getting all dressed up in layer upon layer just to drive 20-30 minutes to workout and climb back in your sub-zero temperature car and had back home is fun for you then stop reading now.
When I found Beachbody my love for home workouts was born. Not only did I save money, I never have to leave my house in subzero temps again.
So here are a few reasons why working out at home is better than the gym:
- You never have to face the cold! All warm and cozy in your house? Good thing your gym anywhere you want!
- Have a scheduling conflict, snow day, sick kid? Don’t worry about missing your schedule class. Shaun T is waiting for your right in your living room!
- You don’t have to care how you look? Did you ever feel like you had to get all “pretty” just to go sweat at the gym? Not at home! Wear your favorite worn out leggings and sports bra. Didn’t brush your teeth or hair…no worries – no one is judging you at home….well maybe the dog 😉
- The germs are your own! I don’t know about you, but this mama can’t afford to get sick with the flu. Who knows what’s growing all over that treadmill.
- Your own built in smoothie bar. That’s right – head right to the kitchen and whip up delicious chocolate Shakeology!
- Roll out of bed and get your work out in…and hit your own shower
- You are on a first name basis with your trainers, Tony, Shaun T, Sagi, Autumn and Chalene. They don’t get mad at you when you yell back at them or swear, especially when Autumn says 30 more seconds. (Ok, maybe I’m the only one that talks back to them during my workouts, lol).
- When you are done with your workout you can sprawl out on the floor and again no one will judge you…well maybe this guy…his downward dog is way better than mine.